Many health insurance policies cover osteopathic treatment.
It may be possible to re-claim part or all the cost of treatment through your private health insurance. We advise you to check with your insurer before booking with us to confirm they will cover your treatment. It is also adviseable to check:
- What type of treatment you are actually covered for. (It is most likely you will be covered for osteopathic treatment but not sports massage or acupuncture.)
- Any financial limits or excess on your cover.
- Do you need a referral from your GP or a specialist.
- If possible, set up a claim number which we can put on your receipt to help processing.
- In most circumstances we will take payment from you and issue a receipt for you to make the re-claim.
We have provider numbers set up with the following companies.
- WPA: 920466443
- AVIVA: 60009277
We will take an imprint of a credit or debit card when billing to an insurance company. We will use this to run any charges in the event of a shortfall in cover from your provider.
AXA PPP – We regularly review our status with AXA PPP however on last review (9/11/18) their authorised bill rate of £35 per session was not sufficient to cover our longer than average appointment durations. We are not prepared to compromise the quality of our service by using shorter appointment times and therefore do not have a relationship with them. Sorry for any disappointment.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.